Pages

Monday, July 7, 2014

Talking to Tom and Kermit

Working for a television station definitely has its perks. For example, the Wednesday before the 4th of July I got to talk to Tom Bergeron and Kermit the Frog via satellite before Nicea and Troy interviewed them on the show. 

That Wednesday I was in the Control Room with Megan helping her with her Producer duties. As we were getting ready for the segment with Tom, Kermit, Nicea and Troy, we had to have a sound check to make sure Tom and Kermit could be heard from our end. Much to my dismay [yeah, right] I answered the phone call from the studio where Tom and Kermit were located and made sure the connection was there. I told Tom and Kermit that it was Utah on the line and asked them if they were ready to go. They promptly responded with a hearty "yes" and continued to make fun of one another. It was an awesome 10-second conversation! Now I can say I've talked to Tom Bergeron and KERMIT THE FROG! WHAT! 

Needless to say, I love my internship. 

Right after I made sure the connection was clear.

Tom giving Kermit a pre-interview back rub.

All ready for the interview.

Tom and Kermit talking to Nicea and Troy from the view of the computer monitor in the control room.

Tom and Kermit talking to Nicea and Troy from the view of one of the big monitors above the Producer chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment