As part of my internship I have the opportunity to produce my own segments that will air on Good Things Utah. This is one of my favorite parts of the internship because it gives you hands on experience and it gives you something awesome to put on your resume.
The first segment that I am producing will air this Friday, August 8th!! The segment is called "5 Things Every Incoming Freshman Should Know" and I am bringing in some Utah State Ambassadors to talk about those things on the show. I think it will be a great segment because those are the things I wish I would have known when I first started college. I'm doing another segment at the end of August, but I haven't quite finalized that one so I will announce that one later!
I'm so excited to see my work shown on live television and I have learned so much just by taking a turn at producing an actual segment for the show. There is a lot of work that goes in behind the scenes that many people watching don't know about. To produce a segment you have to think of an original idea that fits your audience demographic, figure out if it's something realistic to do, find an "expert" to talk about your idea on the show, call that person and see if they are willing to come on the show, figure out what you want them exactly to talk about, follow up with them, write headlines and promos for the segment, tell the hosts what is going on, and make sure everything runs smoothly the day of the segment. It may sound simple, but it's not always the easiest process.
I'm pretty sure I'll be stressing out a little bit until the segment is over on Friday because I really want it to go smoothly! The producing I have done in the past at school has given me a little bit of an idea of what to expect, but it's not quite the same here at Good Things Utah. I am glad that I have that experience, though, because if not I would really know nothing. So thanks, Brian and Chris!
No comments:
Post a Comment