Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Wicked at The Capitol Theatre

John and I saw Wicked at the Capitol Theatre last weekend and it was awesome! For those of you out-of-staters, Salt Lake is about an hour away from where we live in North Ogden and Pleasant View so we left to drive down there in the late afternoon for our show at 6:30. 

John had never been to The Cheesecake Factory before so we HAD to go there for dinner because you really haven't lived until you've been there. The menu is about a bajillion pages and it's SO hard to choose what you want to eat because there are way too  many choice. But finally we made up our minds and I got the Shepard's Pie and John got the Chicken Di Pana. Our server said the Shepard's Pie is the second best thing on the menu, beaten  only by the Macaroni and Cheese Burger [this doesn't sound at all appealing to me, but whatever floats your boat]. But both of our dishes were fabulous and I -- as per usual -- couldn't even finish mine. For dessert, we obviously got cheesecake and John chose the Wild Blueberry White Chocolate Cheesecake which was out of this world! 

After dinner, we headed to the Capitol Theatre and I'm pretty sure I started crying even before the show started. They were tears of joy because I was just so happy to be watching my favorite show with my favorite person. It was awesome. I cried throughout the entire production and I'm pretty sure John was laughing at me, but I didn't even care. I actually think he enjoyed watching me more than the actual show, but that is fine!

It was a great night and the theatre company did a great job performing Wicked. I will admit, nothing beats seeing it on Broadway in New York City, but this was a really awesome second best. It was pretty cool to see Tim Kazurinsky perform as well since I had just met him a couple of days before that. He wasn't quite as showy as the wizards I've seen in other productions, but he was funny and he did a fine job for someone who is not accustomed to performing in musicals.



The Capitol Theatre in Salt Lake City, UT


Technically, I wasn't allowed to take pictures inside because the whole theatre is copyrighted so shhh! (;

John and I waiting for the performance to begin -- right before I started crying.




No comments:

Post a Comment