Last August when John and I were in Manhattan for a couple of days, John tried to surprise me with Wicked tickets but we missed the lottery and went to see Phantom of the Opera. Don't get me wrong, Phantom was AWESOME, but deep down I've wanted to see Wicked ever since. So, John and I bought our tickets when they first were on sale and I've been chomping at the bit for August 3rd to come.
That being said, when I came into work this morning I was not expecting anything spectacular. Much to my surprise though, when my producer handed me my rundown I saw a special name on the list -- Tim Kazurinsky. Tim's name might ring a bell to you because he spent four years on Saturday Night Live in the 80s, but more importantly he is playing The Wizard in the Capitol Theatre's production of Wicked that I am seeing in two days!
As soon as I found out he was coming in for the show, I couldn't stop singing "The Wizard and I" and I acted like a total fan girl when he finally got here. Tim was so nice! I introduced myself and we talked about the show and his experience here in Salt Lake. He said he is amazed every night by the cast and, I wasn't aware of this, but he told me that the young woman that plays Elphaba is only 22! I've heard from a few different people that she knocked their socks off when they saw the show, so I am really looking forward to it.
Tim was only at ABC4 until 9:30 and he slipped out of the studio without me even noticing! So, I did what any normal person would do and I chased after him out the door so I could get a picture -- that's fine right? Fortunately, he stopped at the bathroom and he was more than happy to take a picture with me after he was done with his business. It was so cool!
Like I said in my previous post -- there are perks to being a television intern.
Tim talking to Felicia, Nicea, and Troy about performing in Wicked.
The Wizard himself [and I].
No comments:
Post a Comment