Pages

Friday, August 1, 2014

Share a Coke with an Intern

Being an intern means paying about $1,000 for college credits to work between 15 and 20 hours per week for no pay from the actual company you are working for. It does seem a little backward, but an internship is all about the experience -- right?? And there are definitely perks to being an intern. Most days we get free delicious food and sometimes we even get to take things home with us. We meet some pretty amazing people and I definitely wouldn't trade it. [Unless it was an internship at Good Morning America...shh!]

One of my favorite "perk" days was when the people from the "Share a Coke" project came in to the studio. With them, they brought about fifty cases of coke, diet coke, and coke zero and I was in heaven! Coke was flying everywhere and each of us interns got to take a whole case home -- that's like $5 worth of coke so it was pretty sweet, if you ask me [no pun intended].

So -- even though I put all this time in and I [my dad] have to pay to be at the station to work every day -- I'm gaining experience, I'm making connections, and I get free coke. Everyone is winning.

We even got to carry all the coke into the station -- lucky us! 
Oh, and the coke sunglasses are pretty sweet too.

No comments:

Post a Comment